Regulations on Import and Export of Endangered Species of Wild Fauna, Flora and Related Products
There’s something we’d like to kindly inform you before coming to Tawain:
- Under the regulations of Taiwanese government, we would like to ask for your country’s clarifying information and certifications about bringing any clothing, accessories, or items which contain animals’ and birds’ skeletons, horns, teeth, claws, hooves, hides and feathers (which we refer as “dry animal products”). The Attachment One is about Taiwan’s Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Dry Animal Products.
- As for endangered species’ skins, wool, and hair, the declaration form and certification from CITES are both needed (the paperwork needs to be done in your country before coming to Taiwan). The Attachment Two is about Taiwan’s Regulations on Import and Export of Endangered Species of Wild Fauna, Flora and Related Products.
- In order to make sure the procedure run smoothly, please provide the photos (both front side and back side of the item) and the information of hides and skins, wool, hair and feathers as detailed as possible. And please be noted that products which contain pig skin and teeth or are related to African swine fever are not allowed to import into Taiwan.
- However, if the items you want to bring are homemade hunting trophies which contain animals’ and birds’ skeletons, horns, teeth, claws, hooves, hides and feathers, we’re very sorry to inform you that they’re not allowed to be taken with you into Taiwan.
- We will help you to ask the Taiwanese agency in charge for the further requirements from our side and reply to you ASAP.
- If you need more information of CITES, please go to the website: https://www.cites.org/eng?fbclid=IwAR0JlYsEmwDGSMXNpQcnDXKoQMOcw0EliBy1ajigzvZY-nImJiZJhG6F1pE